Sunday 11 May 2014

The 1940s Relived - Brooklands Museum

Hi All!

I hope you are all enjoying your Sundays.  I'm not feeling too great myself so am spending the day indoors but the weather doesn't look too bad from this side of the glass doors.  I meant to post this much earlier on but never got round to finishing it.  Since the event happens this coming Saturday I thought; no time like the present to put it up!

So coming up this Saturday 17th is The 1940s Relived event at Brooklands Museum.  I wanted to do a little post on this as I visited the museum a few months back and of course this event caught my eye.  During my visit I had a lot of fun riding some beautiful vintage motors up their Test Hill run.  It's definitely not something you get to do everyday.  If you get a chance to take a ride I recommend taking up the offer!


Passenger seat view of the countdown to going up the Test Hill.
Second photo we're driving on the famous Brooklands race track.

I even appeared in the local paper later that week after a press photographer asked for my photo.
The museum had a big center page spread.

What a privilege it was to have rode on this spectacular piece of machinery! 

  


So back to the event itself.  Here's a few photos I've 'borrowed' from Brooklands FB page from last years event.  It looks rather fun and hopefully I will see you there myself.  It does clash with the Tweed Run this year but you can always head on over afterwards as it runs through to the evening for some dancing and drinking!



A street party, music, dancing, stalls of all kinds, re-enactors, vintage cinema, a 1930s Members’ Bar and their Art Deco Clubhouse awaits you this Saturday.  Go party like it really is the 1940s!


Toodles,
Alison xxx

No comments: